Happy Holidays!

Hey! It’s me, Eliana! I can’t wait for Christmas and New Years! I absolutely LOVE the holidays and spend them with family and friends. My favorite holiday is Christmas! I love to spend time with my family and I love to see the look on their face’s when they open the presents I got them. What is your guy’s favorite holiday? Of course you already know mine so tell me a little about you! Christmas is always so fun with shopping, decorating and just having a fun time. I know I am sounding a little greedy when I say this but I can’t wait to open presents! 🙂 And I bet you do too, even if you don’t want to admit it. One of my traditions is to have a little special Christmas tree in my room and put all my childhood ornaments on it with lights and a bow on the top. My family and I have many traditions that we all do together. For instance, At night we sit around the Christmas tree that is in our living room and say our prayers. We also have little trains that we play with before we go to sleep at night. Overall Christmas is amazing at our house and I hope it stays like that forever.

Another great holiday is Thanksgiving! Thanksgiving brings the best food EVER! There is ham, rolls, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, I could go on forever but to save you from that I’ll stop now. Anyway! During Thanksgiving I get to spend a lot of time with cousins, grandparents, aunts, and uncles. I get to see people that I don’t get to see often and it always brings back memories. Thanksgiving isn’t always about food but seeing relatives and getting together to celebrate when the Pilgrims and Native Americans got along and had a feast to celebrate. A tradition my family has over Thanksgiving is minute to win it games. If you don’t know what a minute to win it game is you can go to the link bellow. What is a minute to win it game?

We do a lot of minute to win it games then we settle down to talk. My relatives also stay really late at our house but my siblings and I go to sleep earlier. Finally after Thanksgiving it’s a tradition to put up Christmas decorations for my family.

The third and final holiday I am going to talk about is Easter! Easter is a wonderful holiday where all of my dad’s side of the family goes over my grandma’s house to have a big Easter egg hunt. The eggs are full of money and in the end you end up with about $20.00! After that we all have lunch that grandma makes which is always good. Easter is so fun because it is celebrating when Jesus died on the cross for us. If you aren’t Catholic and want to learn more you can go to this link.  What is Easter?

My Easter on my mom’s side of the family is usually the same as my dad’s side of the family, only it’s at my house and the eggs are filled with little prizes and candy.