If I was the principal for a day!

If I was principal for a day!

“Good mourning everyone!” I said “This is Mrs. Danner!” “Have a great day today” I put down the speaker then told all the teachers to tell the kids they had no homework today! To start off I would have a assembly to have a play for the kids. Then I would go outside with all the kids and we would have recess. We would stop to have lunch then play all kinds of games. We would have Kona ice and have track and field day early. We would briefly go over the regular subjects then go back to track and field. After that we would have all the unified arts. Then I would let the kids go home early then go home myself!

If I was teacher for a day!

If I was teacher for a day I would give the kids no homework. We would do the basic subjects then go out to recess. We would eat lunch and do all the unified arts. We would play games and watch a movie for a reward day. We would have pizza, snacks and refreshments. We would have a party and it would be awesome. When we finish the movie we would go outside one last time before packing up and leaving to go home. That would be a great school day!

All about Gayle Hamilton

My school is Gray Middle School and it is a great school. Gayle Hamilton was the person my school was named after and she is very important to our school. She was born on October 14 and was a second child. Her family moved to Boone county in 1962. As a child she loved family vacations I mean come on who doesn’t? She loved bright colors and her favorite color was red and her favorite flower was a yellow rose. She attended Florence Elementary from 1st grade to 6th grade. Conor Junior High school for 7th grade to 9th grade. She was a cheerleader, Homecoming queen and Prom queen. She never met a stranger and had many friends. She went to Thomas more college and then transferred to Eastern Kentucky University.  This is where she met her husband Micheal Gray. She completed her Bachelors and Masters degree at NKU. They were married at Fort Mitchell Baptist Church and were blessed with their three sons, Adam, Mark, and Scott. Soon she became a teacher at Conor middle school from 1989-9193. In March she was diagnosed with a level 4 colon lung cancer. She was told she had 6 months to live but was determined to do whatever it took to beat this disease. Sadly she passed away with her family and friends by her side and will always be remembered.